Saturday, August 21, 2010 How Much Would You Pay?


The other night - after stuffing myself silly with apples, grapes and brie - I had a vision of Grape Ice Cream followed quickly by a vision of Grape Ice Cream Sandwiches with Peanut Butter Cookies.

I can almost imagine why Grape Ice Cream isn't commercially made. Even after a good cooking and mashing the grape liquid was never as thick as other fruit juices have gotten. I can also imagine that growing grapes for ice cream wouldn't be as lucrative as growing grapes for wine, let's say. I mean, how much are people willing to pay for real good ice cream with quality seasonal ingredients. A quart of ice cream can easily cost me ten dollars or more to make. Depending on the milk, cream, cream cheese, sour cream, fruit, candy, cookie - whatever it is. Good ingredients cost money. For my friends at home? Sure, it's totally worth it. But if I were to take my ice cream public would people pay 3 bucks for a two ounce scoop? Or five for four. I don't think so. And if they did it would not be without a scowl on their face that I'd be so tempted to knock-off.

Look at them. Two Homemade Natural Peanut Butter Cookies sandwiching a scoop of Purple Champagne Grape Ice Cream dipped in frozen grapes.

How much would you pay?

-HH

0 comments:

Post a Comment