Tuesday, August 24, 2010 Mint Night!!


This Thursday's dinner will contain five mints from my container garden. Pineapple Mint, Apple Mint, Orange Mint, Spearmint and Peppermint.

Without further ado...

Cucumber Melon Soup with Apple Mint

Pineapple Mint Pulled Pork

Orange Mint Chicken

Peppermint Ice Cream with Mint Chocolate Chips

and

Frozen Mojitos (with Spearmint)

Mint is a great addition to any garden - provided you contain it! Mint is invasive. It'll sent out shoots underground and end up all over the place if you don't keep it in check. And it'll last through the winter! My peppermint has lasted through two winters.

This year I stocked my garden with mints and other herbs for ice cream. I'm sorry to say the Chocolate Mint I bought didn't make it. But neither did the lemon balm, thyme, dill or lemon thyme. I'm pretty sure I over planted in my zeal for a full garden. In the future it'd be best to keep your plants one to a container, unless your containers are huge!

But the joy of being able to walk out on my porch and pick the herbs I need far surpasses the upset caused by a few dead plants.

Stay tuned!! Much more mint makings to come!!!

Bang on, my peeps!

-HH

0 comments:

Post a Comment