Wednesday, August 11, 2010 Steven Slater Is My Hero!

Anyone who has worked a shift in the service industry knows exactly what set Steven Slater off.

FUCKING CUSTOMERS!!!

I only wish I'd had the flair of Mr. Slater when I quit each one of my service industry jobs. Silly me always tried to do the "right thing" and give two weeks notice. Quitting a job is always torturous for me. Even if I am being horribly mistreated.

Being mistreated by a boss is one thing. Obviously I don't like it. I don't think there's any reason for it - other than mental imbalance. I am happy to say I've escaped such mistreatment and lived to tell about it.

But being mistreated by customers is something different. When people think they are better than you and treat you like crap and you have to be nice and accommodating and helpful IT CAN DRIVE YOU FUCKING MAD!!!!

I would love to know the name of the dumb bitch who set Mr. Slater off. What the fuck is her problem? Lady! The fucking rules are there for a reason. They apply to all of us. You are not that special. Who the fuck do you think you are?

A cunt with entitlement issues, that's for sure!

Please, people. Treat people the way you would want to be treated. It's not rocket science. It's not even long division! We're all in this life together. And when you step out into the world you better be prepared to play nice with your fellow man. And when you enter a store or a restaurant or a plane treat it as if you're in someones home - because it is. They are welcoming you in - don't be an asshole and treat them like shit.

We can ALL be nicer - even me. And I go out of my way to be nice. Set a good example and don't be afraid to correct someones improper behavior. If we all demand a higher standard of human interaction you can be damn sure we're gonna get it.

On another note entirely - I was at the Farmers Market today. I saw the same woman with her boys. This time they were begging her to buy berries in every color. She did, and I was beaming a big smile until she told them after they paid for the berries they could eat their donuts.

Some people are real slow on the pick-up.

Bang on, my peeps!

-HH

0 comments:

Post a Comment